Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baked Stuffed Tomato

Life is not all about sweet so I decided to post a little savory dish :)
I have been so busy that I don't have much in my fridge to cook with. 
But there is always, always tomato, because I am addicted to them :)

So today's recipe is Baked Stuffed Tomato



Baked Stuffed Tomato

1 large tomato
1/4 lbs pork sausage

1 clove garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp white onion (chopped)
2 small portabello mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp basil

2 tsp bread crumb


Preheat the oven on 400 degrees
Cook the pork sausage in a pan, mix with a spatula so the meat is crumbly. 
In a small pan, caramelized the onions, add the garlic and mushrooms.
Add the content of the small pan to the meat when cooked.
Then add the oregano and basil  and mix all the ingredients for a minute.

Slice a tomato in 2 and empty it with a spoon.
(instead of throwing it I add it to the stuffing)
Cover a baking dish with aluminium paper and place the pieces of tomato on it.

Spoon the stuffing into the tomato pieces and sprinkle 1 tsp of bread crumb on top of each.
Bake for 10 minutes.

Bon Appetit ...





No comments:

Post a Comment