We (at least me) always buy this designed Paper Napkins when I saw then at the store. Most of the time I am looking for the good deal at the end of a season, then I buy for next year :)
The napkins do look good on your table , but what if you could expand this design you like from the napkin to all your table presentation.
Here it is ! You will learn how to transfer very easily the napkin design to a regular paper that you can use as stationary decoration for your table.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED ...
Your favorite designed napkins
White craft paper or printer paper
A sketch book
- Turn ON the Iron on max and turn OFF the steam
- Separate the layers of the napkin and keep the top
one with the design
- Cut a piece of white paper that you want to transfer the napkin on
- Then cut the napkin a little smaller than this paper
- Place the white paper in the middle of the sketch book
- Then place a layer of plastic wrap (be sure there is no fold)
- Top with the napkin
Cover the whole thing with 4 pages of the sketch book and iron on top.
Make 6 slow motions back and forth.
Lift the pages slowly to check if the napkin has transfered to the paper.
If a corner is still not transfered: cover back with the pages and iron on this spot for 4 seconds. Repeat if necessary.
You can do it with independent papers instead of the sketch book, but it is easier with it, since the pages won't freely move
Trim the papers to the border of the design napkin.
From here your creativity is infinite using scissors, punch, glue,....
In this sample I made a bottle wrap and 2 tags.